Around the Yard
How to Transplant Rosebushes
By: Danny Lipford
Transplanting roses is a little trickier than transplanting other plant varieties. Here’s how to go about it:
- Choose a time of year when the rose is dormant.
- Thoroughly soaking the rosebush with water.
- Prune the bush back, and spray it with dormant spray.
- Dig a large hole to receive the rosebush.
- Dig up the bush and set it in the hole.
- Mix 30% potting soil with the native soil.
- Fill up the hole around the bush with the soil mixture.
- Water the rosebush thoroughly.