- Other Rooms
- Lawn & Garden
- Deck & Patio
- Repair & Install
How to Install a Programmable Timer SwitchBy: Julie Day
In-wall timers can turn a standard wall light switch into a programmable timer complete with 7-day customization, random vacation settings, and a backup battery.
I use the timer to control the porch light over the kitchen door, so there’s no more coming home to a dark house at night or leaving the light on all night be mistake.
Features of In-Wall Programmable Timers
- Standard Size: In-wall timers fit inside a regular wall switch box. They come with a cover plate but will also accept standard square cover plates.
How to Install a Programmable In-Wall Timer
- GE Smart Digital Timer Installation Guide (PDF 132kb)
- How to Install a Dimmer Switch (video)
- How to Install a Chandelier and Dimmer Switch (video/article)
- How to Install an Outdoor Security Light (video/article)
- Leviton Astronomical Timer For Your Home (video)
- Lutron Maestro Dimmer with Occupancy Sensor (video)
Please Leave a Comment
14 Comments on “How to Install a Programmable Timer Switch”
You can follow comments to this article by subscribing to the RSS news feed with your favorite feed reader.
We want to hear from you! In addition to posting comments on articles and videos, you can also send your comments and questions to us on our contact page or at (800) 946-4420. While we can't answer them all, we may use your question on our Today's Homeowner radio or TV show, or online at todayshomeowner.com.
Copyright © 2015 Danny Lipford Media. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Past Episodes of Today's Homeowner | Remodeling Contractor in Mobile, Alabama (AL) | Video Production in Mobile, Alabama (AL)