- Other Rooms
- Lawn & Garden
- Deck & Patio
- Repair & Install
How to Make a Spill PotBy: Julie Day
A “spill pot” brings a playful touch to your garden – and it’s also a great way to recycle cracked or broken flower pots! All you need is a flower pot, some potting soil, and a few summer bedding plants.
It’s is a fun way to use up those last few plants after filling your other containers or beds – about 5-6 small bedding plants should work nicely. You can make a spill pot in just a few easy steps:
- Loosen the dirt in an area about one foot wide and two feet long.
- Add potting soil or compost to the entire area, to enrich the soil and hold in moisture.
- Bury your pot about halfway in the soil, making sure the broken part is hidden.
- Plant your flowers in the garden soil, but tuck a couple of plants inside the rim of the pot, to give the appearance of spilling out.
- Care for them as you would any other garden annuals, with regular water and an occasional dose of balanced organic fertilizer.
Please Leave a Comment
One Comment on “How to Make a Spill Pot”
You can follow comments to this article by subscribing to the RSS news feed with your favorite feed reader.
We want to hear from you! In addition to posting comments on articles and videos, you can also send your comments and questions to us on our contact page or at (800) 946-4420. While we can't answer them all, we may use your question on our Today's Homeowner radio or TV show, or online at todayshomeowner.com.
Copyright © 2015 Danny Lipford Media. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Past Episodes of Today's Homeowner | Remodeling Contractor in Mobile, Alabama (AL) | Video Production in Mobile, Alabama (AL)