- Other Rooms
- Lawn & Garden
- Deck & Patio
- Repair & Install
Sylvania Battery Powered LED Under-Cabinet Light ReviewBy: Julie Day
When adding the finishing touches to my kitchen, I really wanted under-cabinet lighting; but running new wiring with the 60-year-old electrical system in my house would have been a bigger project than I cared to tackle. Thankfully, the Sylvania LED Golden Dragon Puck Lights saved the day.
The name may be a handful, but these little lights are so easy to install and use that you’ll be enjoying them before you can say, “Now what were they called again?”
Sylvania LED puck lights are battery-powered, with a high-efficiency LED light. Thanks to a built-in motion sensor, you can switch them to high, low, and off with a wave of your hand. If you forget and leave them on, the lights will turn themselves off after an hour. They require three AA batteries, and at my house, the batteries lasted about a year.
Installation is a breeze, you simply peel-and-stick a self-adhesive magnet underneath your cabinet. The puck light then pops right onto the magnet and is ready to shine its classy little spotlight on your favorite pottery or plant.
I was absolutely amazed at the effect under-cabinet lights had for adding a touch of elegance to my kitchen. These lights are bright enough to help with tasks, but they also work great as accent lights. And boy, can I ever think of some places to put them!
Sylvania LED puck lights would be great for:
- Spotlighting a favorite memento on a bookshelf.
- Lighting up a dark corner of a pantry or closet.
- Shedding a little light in a dark shed or storage building.
- Providing task light in a jewelry armoire or dressing room.
At less than $12 each, these lights offer a lot of bang for the buck!
- More information on Sylvania Golden Dragon lights can be found at the Sylvania website.
- Sylvania Golden Dragon LED lights can be purchased online at sylvaniaonlinestore.com as well as at other retailers and online stores.
- A tap-on version of the Sylvania puck light is available for under $7 online at The Home Depot.
Please Leave a Comment
We want to hear from you! In addition to posting comments on articles and videos, you can also send your comments and questions to us on our contact page or at (800) 946-4420. While we can't answer them all, we may use your question on our Today's Homeowner radio or TV show, or online at todayshomeowner.com.
Copyright © 2014 Danny Lipford Media. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Past Episodes of Today's Homeowner | Remodeling Contractor in Mobile, Alabama (AL) | Video Production in Mobile, Alabama (AL)