904 How To Videos
How to Make a Fan Trellis for Your YardBy: Danny Lipford
A wood trellis makes a great addition to a wall or fence. Here’s how to go about making a wood fan trellis for your yard:
- Stack five 8′ long pressure treated 1×2’s and secure one end together with screws or bolts.
- Lay the stack on a hard flat surface, and nail or screw another 1×2 to the center board in the stack a foot or so from the top of the trellis.
- Fan out each of the two outer trellis pieces to the distance desired and nail or screw them to the cross member.
- Attach additional cross members at the desired height, alternating the sides of the trellis.
- Position the base of the structure in the ground.
- Plant lightweight vines, such as jasmine or honeysuckle, at the base of the trellis.
Watch this video to find out more.
Please Leave a Comment
2 Comments on “How to Make a Fan Trellis for Your Yard”
You can follow comments to this article by subscribing to the RSS news feed with your favorite feed reader.
We want to hear from you! In addition to posting comments on articles and videos, you can also send your comments and questions to us on our contact page or at (800) 946-4420. While we can't answer them all, we may use your question on our Today's Homeowner radio or TV show, or online at todayshomeowner.com.