960 How To Videos
How to Build a Pullout Trash Bin for Your KitchenBy: Joe Truini
While you can buy cabinet mounted wire rack pullout hardware at the home center to hold your kitchen trash, a homemade pullout works just as well and is easier to use, since you don’t have to open the cabinet door to access it.
Here’s how to go about it:
- Cut ½” plywood to the sizes needed for a shallow drawer that fits the desired cabinet opening.
- Assemble the drawer using screws.
- Attach heavy duty cabinet drawer slides to the bottom of the drawer and lower part of the cabinet.
- Attach the cabinet door to the front of the drawer from the inside using screws.
- Insert the drawer in the cabinet and check to make sure it fits well and opens and closes smoothly.
- Place a kitchen trash can in the bottom of the drawer.
Watch this video to find out more.
Please Leave a Comment
We want to hear from you! In addition to posting comments on articles and videos, you can also send your comments and questions to us on our contact page or at (800) 946-4420. While we can't answer them all, we may use your question on our Today's Homeowner radio or TV show, or online at todayshomeowner.com.