898 How To Videos
How to Hang Pictures on DrywallBy: Joe Truini
Hanging pictures is easy if you know how. Here are some helpful tips for hanging pictures on drywall in your home.
To find the proper height for a nail or anchor in the wall:
- Mark the horizontal location of the center of the picture on a piece of masking tape on the wall.
- Snip off an 8” to 10” piece of wire coat hanger and bend the ends in opposite directions.
- Hook the wire hanger on the picture wire with the bottom of the wire hanger facing the wall.
- Hold the picture with the wire hanger and line it up with the center line on the masking tape.
- Position the picture at the desired height, and press the wire hanger into the wall.
- Move the picture and drive a nail at a steep upward angle into the indentation in the wall.
When hanging heavy objects, like a large painting or mirror, a wall anchor made for drywall can support much more weight than a nail. Check out the articles below for more information on wall anchors and hanging pictures.
Watch this video to find out more.
Please Leave a Comment
We want to hear from you! In addition to posting comments on articles and videos, you can also send your comments and questions to us on our contact page or at (800) 946-4420. While we can't answer them all, we may use your question on our Today's Homeowner radio or TV show, or online at todayshomeowner.com.