Carbon monoxide (CO) is a deadly gas that is both odorless and colorless. It is generated as a byproduct of combustion from:
Since carbon monoxide is invisible and odorless, the alarm from a CO detector is to only way to know if you are being exposed before it’s too late. CO detectors can be either battery powered or plug directly into a wall outlet. Combination units are also available that contain both smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors in a single unit.
Please Leave a Comment
You can follow comments to this article by subscribing to the RSS news feed with your favorite feed reader.
We want to hear from you! In addition to posting comments on articles and videos, you can also send your comments and questions to us on our contact page or at (800) 946-4420. While we can't answer them all, we may use your question on our Today's Homeowner radio or TV show, or online at todayshomeowner.com.