911 How To Videos
How to Make a Punching Bag from Recycled MaterialsBy: Joe Truini
This homemade punching bag for your kids is a eco-friendly project, since it was made from recycled materials. It’s easy to make and can provide them with hours of fun and exercise.
Punching Bag Materials List:
- 1 – 4” diameter x 3’ scrap PVC pipe
- 1 – 10” diameter scrap plywood disk
- 1 – 4” diameter scrap plywood disk
- 2 – 3’ x 12’ used carpet pad
- 1 – roll duct tape
Making the Punching Bag:
- Cut PVC pipe to length.
- Cut 10” diameter plywood disk to size, using the bottom of a 5-gallon bucket as the pattern.
- Cut a 4” diameter plywood disk to fit the interior diameter of the pipe.
- Attach 4” plywood disk to the center of 10” plywood disk.
- Screw the bottom of the pipe to the plywood disk.
- Cut carpet pad to size using a utility knife.
- Attach carpet pad to pipe with duct tape.
- Roll carpet pad on pipe.
- Wrap pad in duct tape.
- Drill holes in the top of the pipe and hang by rope from ceiling.
Attach pipe to base. Roll carpet pad on pipe. Cover pad with tape.
Please Leave a Comment
4 Comments on “How to Make a Punching Bag from Recycled Materials”
You can follow comments to this article by subscribing to the RSS news feed with your favorite feed reader.
We want to hear from you! In addition to posting comments on articles and videos, you can also send your comments and questions to us on our contact page or at (800) 946-4420. While we can't answer them all, we may use your question on our Today's Homeowner radio or TV show, or online at todayshomeowner.com.