922 How To Videos
How to Prepare the Outside of a House for PaintingBy: Danny Lipford
To prepare the exterior of your home for painting:
- Replace and prime any rotten wood.
- Scraping or sanding the surface to remove any loose or peeling paint.
- Clean the surface thoroughly, removing any mildew or mold.
- Repair any imperfections, and caulk any cracks to prevent water damage.
- Remove rust from metal trim, and apply a coat of rust preventative primer.
Watch this video to find out more.
Please Leave a Comment
We want to hear from you! In addition to posting comments on articles and videos, you can also send your comments and questions to us on our contact page or at (800) 946-4420. While we can't answer them all, we may use your question on our Today's Homeowner radio or TV show, or online at todayshomeowner.com.