911 How To Videos
How to Repair and Maintain Landscape Lighting in Your YardBy: Joe Truini
The metal contacts in low voltage landscape lighting in your yard can become corroded over time, causing them to not light properly. To solve this problem:
- Turn off the power to the outdoor lighting fixture.
- Remove the bulb from the faulty fixture.
- Trim an emery board with scissors so it fits in the fixture.
- Lightly file the contacts in the fixture with the emery board.
- Spray the contacts in the fixture with automotive ignition sealer to prevent future corrosion.
- Replace the bulb in the fixture.
- Turn the power back on to the landscape lighting.
Watch this video to find out more.
Please Leave a Comment
We want to hear from you! In addition to posting comments on articles and videos, you can also send your comments and questions to us on our contact page or at (800) 946-4420. While we can't answer them all, we may use your question on our Today's Homeowner radio or TV show, or online at todayshomeowner.com.