How to Repair and Maintain Landscape Lighting in Your Yard
By: Joe Truini
The metal contacts in low voltage landscape lighting in your yard can become corroded over time, causing them to not light properly. To solve this problem:
- Turn off the power to the outdoor lighting fixture.
- Remove the bulb from the faulty fixture.
- Trim an emery board with scissors so it fits in the fixture.
- Lightly file the contacts in the fixture with the emery board.
- Spray the contacts in the fixture with automotive ignition sealer to prevent future corrosion.
- Replace the bulb in the fixture.
- Turn the power back on to the landscape lighting.
Watch this video to find out more.