954 How To Videos
How to Replace a Window ScreenBy: Joe Truini
To replace a torn window screen:
- Place the screen frame on a flat surface.
- Insert a small screwdriver or the point of a utility knife under the end of the rubber spline.
- Pry the end of the spline out and remove the spline around the frame.
- Remove the screen wire from the frame.
- Position an oversized, new piece of screen over the frame.
- Use the convex end of a spline roller tool to push the screen into the groove at one end of the frame.
- Place the spline over the groove, and use the concave end of the roller tool to push it into the groove.
- Pull the screen tight at the other end of the frame, and use the roller tool to push the screen and spline into the groove.
- Pull each of the other two sides tight and press the spline in, being careful to avoid wrinkles.
- Trim off excess screen with a utility knife.
Please Leave a Comment
4 Comments on “How to Replace a Window Screen”
You can follow comments to this article by subscribing to the RSS news feed with your favorite feed reader.
We want to hear from you! In addition to posting comments on articles and videos, you can also send your comments and questions to us on our contact page or at (800) 946-4420. While we can't answer them all, we may use your question on our Today's Homeowner radio or TV show, or online at todayshomeowner.com.