917 How To Videos
How to Build a Simple Folding WorkbenchBy: Joe Truini
If your space is limited for a permanent workbench, you can make a simple workbench that folds up for easy storage from plywood and two folding sawhorses. Here’s how to go about it:
- Cut a sheet of 3/4” plywood to the size desired (we made ours 3’x 5’).
- Screw two folding metal sawhorses to the bottom to act as legs for the workbench.
- To store the workbench, simply flip it over, remove the folding legs, and secure the legs inside the sawhorses with hook and loop straps.
Watch this video to see how it’s done.
- Workbench Options for Your Shop (video)
- Build a Portable Workbench from a Hollow Core Door (video)
- How to Build a Built-In Garage Workbench (video/article/plans)
Please Leave a Comment
2 Comments on “How to Build a Simple Folding Workbench”
You can follow comments to this article by subscribing to the RSS news feed with your favorite feed reader.
We want to hear from you! In addition to posting comments on articles and videos, you can also send your comments and questions to us on our contact page or at (800) 946-4420. While we can't answer them all, we may use your question on our Today's Homeowner radio or TV show, or online at todayshomeowner.com.