201 Around The Yard Videos
Soda Bottle Seed StarterBy: Tricia Craven Worley
Looking for a place to start your seeds? How about in 2-liter plastic bottles? To keep the roots from being exposed to direct sunlight use colored bottles. Here’s how to go about it:
- Measure up 6″ from the bottom of a 2-liter bottle and make a mark.
- Put a rubber band around the bottle at the mark to use as a guide for an even cut.
- Cut along the rubber band and detach the top of the bottle.
- Make a 2½” cut in the top piece, and insert it into the bottom of the bottle.
- Invert the top piece into the bottom so the spout becomes a drain.
- Wad up a paper towel and put it in the bottom near the spout to hold in the soil
- Fill the part of the bottle with the spout with potting mix, and plant your seeds.
Please Leave a Comment
2 Comments on “Soda Bottle Seed Starter”
You can follow comments to this article by subscribing to the RSS news feed with your favorite feed reader.
We want to hear from you! In addition to posting comments on articles and videos, you can also send your comments and questions to us on our contact page or at (800) 946-4420. While we can't answer them all, we may use your question on our Today's Homeowner radio or TV show, or online at todayshomeowner.com.