Expert Home Improvement Advice
How To • Videos • Lawn & Garden • DIY • Articles
Tips for Planting in Pots and Containers
Watch this video to find out how to keep soil from filtering out through the drainage holes in the bottom of pots, and the proper planting technique to use when planting in pots or other containers. ...More
Tips for Planting in Pots and ContainersBy: Danny Lipford
When planting in pots or other containers:
- Place screen wire over the drainage holes in the bottom of the pot or container to prevent loss of soil.
- Use a prepared potting soil, rather than dirt from your yard, to ensure the soil is free from disease and insect pests.
- Plant your plants at the same depth they were originally planted at.
- Apply a time release fertilizer on top of the soil to keep plants healthy all season long. Watch this video to find out more.
- How to Repot Houseplants (article)
- Flower Containers for Beginners (article)
- Patio Table Planter (video)
- How to Build a Patio Planter (video/article)
Please Leave a Comment
2 Comments on “Tips for Planting in Pots and Containers”
You can follow comments to this article by subscribing to the RSS news feed with your favorite feed reader.
We want to hear from you! In addition to posting comments on articles and videos, you can also send your comments and questions to us on our contact page or at (800) 946-4420. While we can't answer them all, we may use your question on our Today's Homeowner radio or TV show, or online at todayshomeowner.com.