August Home Maintenance To-Do List
To-Do #5: Clean Refrigerator Coils
You can save as much as $100 a year on your power bill by vacuuming the refrigerator coils regularly! The coils can be found either on the back of the fridge or underneath the unit behind the kickplate.
To clean hard to reach coils under a fridge:
- Cover one end of a cardboard gift wrapping tube with duct tape.
- Punch holes in the side of the tube.
- Attach the open end of the tube to a vacuum cleaner.
- Remove the kickplate on the refrigerator.
- Turn the vacuum on and run the cardboard tube back and forth under the fridge to vacuum out any dust bunnies.
If the refrigerator coils are on the back, pull the fridge out from the wall to allow access, then clean them using a vacuum cleaner brush attachment. Be sure to unplug your fridge any time you’re moving it or vacuuming the coils.
Watch our video on Tips To Keep Your Kitchen Clean to find out more.
(Click ‘Next Page’ below to continue reading)
You May Also Like:
|August Weather Channel Appearances||Preparing for Fall with Our 4 Seasons ...||Tip for Cleaning Under the Refrigerator||Low Maintenance Garden|