How to Keep Mice, Rats, and Squirrels Away from Bird Feeders
We love feeding the birds, but they drop seeds on our balcony and attract mice, rats, and squirrels. What can we do to keep rodents away while feeding birds? -Mary Lou
Birds and rodents both love to eat seeds; so where there’s one, there’s likely to be the other. Squirrels, mice, and rats can invade feeders; and they’re particularly fond of foraging on the ground for spilled seed and hulls. To keep rodents of all kinds away from your bird feeder, you need to manage the mess the birds leave behind.
Try these tips to discourage rodents while enjoying birds at your feeder:
- Rodent-Proof Your House: Because it’s impossible to keep mice and rats completely away outdoors, protect your home by sealing any cracks and openings where they might get inside.
- Wild Bird Feeding Basics (article)
- How to Keep Squirrels Away from Your Bird Feeder (article)
- How to Make a Squirrel and Raccoon Bird Feeder Baffle (article)
- Landscaping Tips for a Bird-Friendly Yard (article)
You May Also Like:
|DIY Bird Feeder Squirrel Guard||How to Keep Squirrels Away from Your B...||Suet Success||Which Pest Left That Mess: A Guide to ...|