How to Keep Your House Cool During a Heat Wave
By: Julie Day
Keeping Cool Tip #10: Plan Ahead
Long term strategies to keep your house cooler include:
- Plant shade trees on the south and west sides of the house.
- Install insulated glass windows with low-E coating or storm windows.
- Add awnings over sunny windows.
- Install additional attic insulation
- Replace existing roof with cool shingles or light-colored roofing
These are only a few of the many strategies for keeping your house cool in the summer. Put some of these home improvements to your to-do list for relief in years to come.
You May Also Like:
|What’s the Best Way to Heat and Cool...||Keep Cool with Water Misters||Keeping Your House Cool||Closing Off Unused Rooms|