How to Make a Spill Pot
A “spill pot” brings a playful touch to your garden – and it’s also a great way to recycle cracked or broken flower pots! All you need is a flower pot, some potting soil, and a few summer bedding plants.
It’s is a fun way to use up those last few plants after filling your other containers or beds – about 5-6 small bedding plants should work nicely. You can make a spill pot in just a few easy steps:
- Loosen the dirt in an area about one foot wide and two feet long.
- Add potting soil or compost to the entire area, to enrich the soil and hold in moisture.
- Bury your pot about halfway in the soil, making sure the broken part is hidden.
- Plant your flowers in the garden soil, but tuck a couple of plants inside the rim of the pot, to give the appearance of spilling out.
- Care for them as you would any other garden annuals, with regular water and an occasional dose of balanced organic fertilizer.
You May Also Like:
|Oil Spill Clean Up||Circular Cooktop for Your Home||How to Use Shredded Paper as Mulch Aro...||Choosing Landscape Borders|