June Home Maintenance To-Do List
By: Danny Lipford
To-Do #7: Check and Adjust Lawn Sprinklers
It’s a good idea to do a little preventative maintenance and checking for leaks each year when using your lawn sprinkler system for the first time, here’s how.
Lawn irrigation yearly maintenance:
- Before turning on the water to your yard’s sprinkler or irrigation system for summer watering, make sure the ground has completely thawed to a depth of a foot or more.
- Check each sprinkler head and remove any grass that has grown over it, as well as obstructions or other debris that could prevent the sprinklers from working.
- Check the control settings and replace the back up battery if needed, then turn on the system and monitor it closely as it runs through the different zones to make sure the sprinkler heads are working properly and water is being distributed where needed.
- After the system has run through it’s cycle and is turned off, check the water meter to make sure there aren’t any underground leaks in the irrigation pipes.
Read our articles on Home Irrigation How-To to find out more.
For more home maintenance to-do lists, check out:
- Summer Home Maintenance To-Do List
- Fall Home Maintenance To-Do List
- Winter Home Survival Guide
- Spring Home Improvement Guide
- Monthly Lawn & Garden To-Do Lists