September Home Maintenance To-Do List
By: Danny Lipford
To-Do #7: Clean and Lubricate Garage Door
A neglected garage door can soon become jittery and noisy. Give your garage door a little maintenance and cleaning this month so that your comings and goings won’t wake the neighbors. Follow these steps:
- Give the door itself a good cleaning to remove grime and mildew from the summer’s heat and lawn chores.
- Use a rag to wipe dirt and debris out of the garage door tracks.
- Lightly lubricate the hinges, bearings, and springs with engine oil.
- If your door has metal rollers, you can also apply a little motor oil to them as well. If your door has nylon rollers, skip this step or else they may slip.
- Raise and lower the garage door a few times to distribute the lubrication, and you’re all set!
For more home maintenance to-do lists, check out:
- Fall Home Maintenance To-Do List
- Winter Home Survival Guide
- Spring Home Improvement Guide
- Summer Home Maintenance To-Do List
- Monthly Lawn & Garden To-Do Lists
You May Also Like:
|September Newsletter||Scamper into September||It’s Summertime In the 4 Seasons...||Preparing for Fall with Our 4 Seasons ...|