Clothes Dryer Lint Removal Tip
By: Joe Truini
To prevent dryer fires, it’s important to clean the lint out of the dryer lint screen, dryer vent pipe, and inside the dryer itself. Here’s how.
Clothes Dryer Cleaning Tips:
- Remove and clean the dryer lint screen after each load of laundry.
- Insert a crevice tool on a vacuum cleaner in the lint trap slot to remove lint from inside the dryer.
- Clean the dryer pipe periodically to remove any lint that has accumulated inside.
A load of clothes will dry faster if you put a dry towel in with the wet clothes. Watch this video to find out more.
- Tips for Drying Clothes Faster (video)
- How to Clean a Dryer Vent (video)
- How to Save Energy When Drying Clothes (video)
- Dryer Vent Extension (video)
Joe Truini: Today’s clothes dryers are more energy efficient than ever before. With a few simple solutions, you can cut energy consumption even more.
First, after every load of dry cloth, always remove and clean the lint screen. Pull it out and by hand, unroll and toss out the lint.
But before putting the screen back in, use a vacuum with a crevice tool—a little narrow crevice tool—to clean up the port where the filter goes. This will catch any remaining lint. That’s all, that’s all you need is just three or four seconds to clean that out.
Now, the second tip is to every time you’re drying a load of wet clothes, take a dry fluffy towel and toss it in with the clothes. Now, the dry towel will absorb any excess moisture and your clothes will dry a whole lot faster.
Videos You May Like
|Lint Lizard Product Review||How To Deep Clean Your Dryer||Clothes Dryer Maintenance Tips||2 Tips to Keep Clothes Dryers Safe and...|