Best New Products
Deck Restore Deck and Patio Resurfacer Coating
By: Jodi Marks
Deck Restore is a thick, latex coating that can be rolled on weathered wood decks and concrete patios to fill cracks and provide a durable surface that’s mildew and UV resistant.
To apply Deck Restore:
- Clean and repair the deck.
- Apply the first coat of Deck Restore using the included roller.
- Allow the first coat to dry (3-6 hours or more).
- Roll on a second coat of Deck Restore.
- Allow the second coat to dry for at least 24 hours before using.
Deck Restore is available at The Home Depot.
Watch this video to find out more.
- Whether to Paint or Stain a Wood Deck (article)
- How Long to Wait Before Staining a Wood Deck (video)
- How to Clean and Finish a Wood Deck (video/article)
Jodi Marks: Now, if your deck or your patio is in need of a little facelift, look no further than this aisle right here. I’m in the paint department, and I want to talk to you about Restore. Now this is a resurfacer that’s perfect for your decking or your concrete patio.
How do you apply it? Well, it comes in two gallon paint cans, and it also comes with this nine-inch, heavy-duty, textured roller. And all you simply do is just roll it right over the surface.
Now, if you do have decking that’s got splinters or cracks, Restore will actually fill in those cracks and it’ll lock down the splinters. If you got a slippery, concrete patio, this will be great, because it creates a textured surface, which makes it slip-resistant.
Now, if you don’t want the textured look after you roll it on with this roller, all you have to do is take a brush and you can just go right over the second coat to smooth that out. This is a perfect weekend project that you can do in no time to help transform the look of your outdoor living space.
Videos You May Like
|Adding a Deck to Increase Home Resale ...||Maintaining a Wood Deck||How to Add Built-in Seating to a Deck||Kreg Hidden Fastener Deck Jig from Woo...|