Simple Solutions

DIY Furniture Polish and Scratch Remover

By: Joe Truini

917-ss-furniture-polish

The best furniture polishes contain an oil for replenishing wood surfaces and an acid for cutting through dirt. Make your own using white vinegar, olive oil and lemon juice.

And, here’s a trick for removing scratches on wood furniture. Rub a walnut over the scratch and it will disappear.

Watch the video for details.

Comments

8 Comments on “DIY Furniture Polish and Scratch Remover”

• JAN Says:
    December 5th, 2017 at 9:50 am

Love, Love your show, I watch it all the time and write down helpful hints from the show. So much fun seeing the before and after repairs.

• Joseph Truini Says:
    November 27th, 2017 at 3:04 pm

So glad to hear from everyone regarding our recent DIY Furniture Cleaner. The proportions of ingredients isn’t too critical, but here’s what I used:
    1 cup white vinegar
    1/4 cup olive oil
    1/8 cup lemon juice

Good luck!

• Mona Decess Says:
    November 25th, 2017 at 2:00 pm

Hi Joe, I always look forward to the Simple Solutions that you give. I drag my husband in to see them a lot of times or I record them and show him. I have the same questions as the other comments on this episode. What are the measurements of your DIY FURNITURE POLISH and SCRATCH REMOVER’ spray. I love the idea of ‘ walnuts for scratches’ I can’t wait to try it. Keep up the good work. God Bless, Mona

• Lois Walerius Says:
    November 21st, 2017 at 8:06 am

How much of each ingredient do you use?

• Jane Hood Says:
    November 20th, 2017 at 12:14 am

What are the amounts of white vinegar, olive oil, & lemon juice used for the DIY Furniture Polish that was in the Simple Solutions segment?

• Ginny Baker Says:
    November 19th, 2017 at 11:56 am

In regards to the DIY furniture polish what would the measurements be for each ingredient or where would I find the measurements? Thank you so much love the show.

• Mary Sacco Says:
    November 19th, 2017 at 6:09 am

I would like to know the proportions to use when mixing vinegar, lemon, and oil. Also, and can this be used on oak cabinets that have a grease film on them?

Thanks in advance

• Barb Rudzinski Says:
    November 18th, 2017 at 10:04 pm

How much vinegar, olive oil and lemon juice? The video doesn’t mention how much. Cups, tablespoon, teaspoon?

Thanks..