How to Build a Brick Paver Patio in Your Yard
By: Danny Lipford
A brick paver patio is much more attractive than a bland concrete slab. Laying a patio made from brick pavers makes a good DIY project for your home. Here’s how to go about it:
- Start by establishing a border around the patio.
- Fill the patio space with several inches of base material—such as crushed granite, recycled crushed concrete, or coarse sand—to provide a firm foundation and aid in drainage.
- Use a straight piece of lumber as a screed board to distribute and level the base material.
- Compact the base material using either a motorized plate compactor or a hand tamp.
- Lay the pavers on the base material, making sure they’re level.
- Sweep sand or a sand polymer mix into the cracks between the pavers.
Watch this video to find out more.
- How to Lay a Paver Patio (video/article)
- Adding a Deck, Patio, or Outdoor Kitchen (video/article)
- How to Score Lines and Finish a Concrete Patio (video)
- How to Improve the Look of a Concrete Patio (video)
Videos You May Like
|Paver Patio Great DIY Project||How to Improve the Look of a Concrete ...||Seal Brick or Stone Patios||How to Score Lines and Apply Finish to...|