How to Build a Pullout Trash Bin for Your Kitchen
By: Joe Truini
While you can buy cabinet mounted wire rack pullout hardware at the home center to hold your kitchen trash, a homemade pullout works just as well and is easier to use, since you don’t have to open the cabinet door to access it.
Here’s how to go about it:
- Cut ½” plywood to the sizes needed for a shallow drawer that fits the desired cabinet opening.
- Assemble the drawer using screws.
- Attach heavy duty cabinet drawer slides to the bottom of the drawer and lower part of the cabinet.
- Attach the cabinet door to the front of the drawer from the inside using screws.
- Insert the drawer in the cabinet and check to make sure it fits well and opens and closes smoothly.
- Place a kitchen trash can in the bottom of the drawer.
Watch this video to find out more.