How to Enlarge a Hole
By: Joe Truini
It’s easy to drill a new hole, but how do you go about enlarging a hole that’s already there? This is a common problem when drilling a larger hole in a door for a new deadbolt or lockset.
To enlarge an existing hole:
- Cut two scraps of 1/2″ or thicker plywood, making them several inches larger than the hole.
- Mark the centerline of the existing hole on the edge of the door.
- Clamp the scraps of plywood above and below the hole.
- Extend the centerline of the hole across the top scrap of plywood.
- Measure from the edge of the door to the center of the hole, and mark it on the centerline.
- Chuck a hole saw in a drill and drill through the plywood and door.
Watch this video to see a simple way to get the job done in no time.
Videos You May Like
|How to Enlarge a Hole in Wood||How to Enlarge the Lockset Hole in a D...||How to Drill a Pilot Hole with a Nail||Tip for Drilling in Metal|