How to Install a Track Storage System in Your Closet
By: Jodi Marks
If you need more space in your closet, you may want to consider installing an adjustable metal track type closet storage system. Track systems offer much more storage space than a standard hanging rod and shelf, and they can be easily rearranged to meet your changing storage needs.
- Remove the existing shelf and rod from your closet.
- Lay the track storage components out on the floor and follow the instructions to see how they fit together.
- Use a stud finder to locate and mark the position of studs on the closet wall.
- Secure the horizontal track to the back wall near the ceiling with toggle bolts where there aren’t any studs, and wood screws where there are.
- Position the vertical standards on the wall every 24” or less, and secure them to the wall using toggles or screws.
- Use a hacksaw, bolt cutters, or reciprocating saw to cut wire shelves to length.
- Mount the shelf supports on standards.
- Position the wire shelves, hanging rods, and wire baskets on shelf supports where desired.
Watch this video for step-by-step instructions on how to install a track storage system in your closet.
Videos You May Like
|How to Design the Layout of a Closet||Improving Closet Access||Complete Closet Makeover||Adjustable Shelf Hole Jig|