How to Install Laminate Flooring
Laminate flooring is a popular DIY option for homes. It mimics the look of more expensive flooring like hardwood with less expense and easier installation. To install a laminate floor:
- If you’re laying the floor directly on concrete, start by laying down a plastic vapor barrier to prevent moisture from ruining the floor over time.
- Spray adhesive is used to hold the plastic in place during installation.
- Lock the tongue and groove joints on each piece of laminate flooring together so the tongue on the new piece locks into the groove of the existing piece.
- Work from side to side and cut end pieces to fit the wall as needed.
- Since a laminate floor is a floating floor that expands and contracts with changes in temperature, it’s important to leave a 1/4″ gap between the floor and the wall which will later be covered by molding.
Laminate flooring costs around $4 a square foot; but since it’s so DIY friendly, there’s no installation cost which can be over half of other floor projects.
Watch this video to find out more.
Videos You May Like
|Carpet and Laminate Flooring for Your ...||Laminate and Vinyl Flooring for Your H...||Pergo Outlast+ Laminate Flooring||How to Install Laminate Flooring Over ...|