How to Make a Custom Squeegee for Cleaning Small Window Panes
By: Joe Truini
To modify a squeegee for use cleaning small window panes:
- Use a screwdriver to pry up the clamp holding the squeegee on the handle.
- Remove the squeegee from the handle.
- Slide the rubber blade out of the squeegee frame.
- Cut the rubber blade to the exact width of your window pane with scissors.
- Use a hacksaw to cut the squeegee frame 1/4″ shorter than the blade.
- Slide the rubber blade back on the squeegee frame.
- Put the squeegee frame back on the handle.
- Use pliers to pinch the clamp on the handle closed.
Watch this video to find out more.
Danny Lipford: You know a squeegee like this is a perfect tool for cleaning most glass. But when you have a window that has a six over six configuration; it does very, very little good.
Joe Truini: You can use a standard size squeegee like this to clean this type of window, but what you need to do first is cut it down to custom fix the exact glass panes on your window.
First use a screwdriver to pry up the clamp that holds it to the handle. And slide out the metal frame, and remove the rubber squeegee blade. Use a pair of scissors to cut the blade to exactly the same width as the glass. And then take a hacksaw, and trim the metal frame to about a quarter-inch less than the glass.
Then you reassemble the squeegee, and use a pair of pliers to pinch it closed. And the result is a custom cut squeegee that sized to exactly fit your glass panes.
Videos You May Like
|Remove Pet Hair from Carpet||Hi-Reach Cleaning Kit Review||Second Story Squeegee||How to Apply Window Film|