How to Make Windows More Energy Efficient
By: Allen Lyle
If you want to make your windows more energy efficient but don’t have the budget to replace them, you’re not alone. Here are some tips to make your single pane windows more energy efficient:
- Remove the old caulking on the exterior of the windows with a putty knife.
- Fill the gap with quality exterior caulking to seal up any air leaks.
- Clean out all of the dirt and debris on the window sill.
- Apply foam weather stripping to create a tight seal.
Watch this video to find out more.
- Energy Efficient Windows for Your Home (video)
- Ten Tips to Keep Your Home Energy Efficient (article)
Videos You May Like
|Tips for Using Plastic to Make Your Ho...||Windows and Doors that Qualify for the...||How to Choose Energy Efficient Windows...||Home Energy Efficiency|