How to Accurately Measure Long Rooms
By: Joe Truini
Here’s a simple and accurate way to make measurements that are longer than your tape measure, such as measuring the size of a large room for flooring:
- Measure an even number of feet from one end of a long board.
- Make a reference mark on the board at the measurement.
- Put the end of the measured board against a wall in the room.
- Extend your tape measure against the opposite wall.
- Measure the distance to the reference mark on the board.
- Add the two dimensions together to find the total length.
Watch this video to find out more.
Videos You May Like
|Bosch Laser Measure||Popping Long Chalk Lines||Tip for Cleaning Under the Refrigerator||Laying Out Right Angles|