How to Unclog and Clean Downspouts on Gutters
By: Joe Truini
It’s important to keep your gutters clean to prevent them from clogging. Elbows in downspouts are the worst culprits, and the flexible metal cable of a plumber’s snake is the best way to clean them out. Here’s how to do it:
- Insert the end of the plumber’s snake in the downspout until it meets resistance.
- Turn the crank and work it back and forth to loosen the clog.
- Insert a garden hose in the downspout and turn on the water to flush out any debris.
- Gutter Maintenance Tips (video)
- How to Clean and Repair Gutters (article)
- Cleaning Gutters and Downspouts (video)
Videos You May Like
|Gutter Maintenance Tips||Gutter Cleaning Tips||The Importance of Keeping Your Gutters...||Gutter Maintenance Tips|