Around the Yard
How to Use Your Finger to Plant Seeds at the Proper Depth
By: Tricia Craven Worley
Planting seeds at the right depth is even more important than spacing seeds correctly. The proper depth to plant seeds varies depending on what you’re growing, but an easy way to gauge planting depth is by using your index finger as a ruler.
Index Finger Measurements:
- ½” Deep: Length of index fingernail.
- 1” Deep: Length of index finger to first knuckle
- 2” Deep: Length of index finger to second knuckle.
Watch this video to find out more.
- How to Quickly Space Seeds in Your Garden (video)
- How to Plant Small Seeds in Your Garden (video)
- How to Make Seed Tapes (video)
Videos You May Like
|How to Determine if Old Seeds Are Stil...||Planting Small Seeds||How to Harvest Seeds for Your Garden||How to Quickly Space Seeds in Your Gar...|