Installing a Built-in Medicine Cabinet in Your Bathroom
By: Danny Lipford
A built-in medicine cabinet is a great addition to any bathroom. Since they are designed to fit between the existing studs in your wall, installation is easy. Here’s how to go about it:
- Use a stud finder to locate the studs and mark them on the wall.
- Draw level and plumb lines on the wall of the proper cutout size using a level.
- Cut a rectangular hole in the wall to fit the cutout size of the medicine cabinet using a drywall saw.
- slide the medicine cabinet into the wall opening.
- Attach the medicine cabinet to the studs from inside the cabinet using screws.
Watch this video to find out more.