Best New Products

LifeProof Stain Resistant Carpet

By: Jodi Marks
Woman standing in from of LifeProof stain resistant carpet display.

Jodi Marks explaining the advantages of LifeProof stain resistant carpet.

LifeProof carpeting has advanced stain resistance built into the fibers, so it never wears off. It provides protection against stains from food, drinks, and pets.

LifeProof carpet is also soft, very durable, and environmentally friendly. It comes with a limited lifetime stain and soil warranty, and a 25-year abrasive wear and texture retention warranty.

LifeProof carpet is available at The Home Depot. Watch this video to find out more.

Print   Video Transcript

Jodi Marks: Well, I think I can speak with a little bit of conviction that shopping for carpet can be very overwhelming, because I just had to do it.

You know there’s a lot of styles, colors, a lot of choices out there. Whether you have pets or children, you might have to be concerned about stains. So, Shea, you’ve got a carpet here that kind of takes care of all of those issues, quite frankly.

Shea Pettaway: Yes, it’s a LifeProof carpet that ensures durability and stain resisting. They engineered the fiber, so that way there’s no stains that’s going to penetrate into the carpet.

Jodi Marks: Wow, what do they do, they just stay on top?

Shea Pettaway: It just repels on top.

Jodi Marks: Wow, that’s fantastic. Because, you know, typically a standard carpet will just have a topical application. Where this one, the stain resistance is integrated into the fiber. So let’s see it in action.

Shea Pettaway: Yes, this, Jodi, is a perfect carpet for the family. Very active, if you have pets.

Jodi Marks: Ooh, look how it just beads. OK, so?

Shea Pettaway: So two weeks later, once you find the stain, then you just wash it out.

Jodi Marks: Wow! Hey, look at that, it just resisted. Look, that’s just come in so clean, and that’s just water! This technology doesn’t wear away or wash away because it’s permanently integrated all the way into those fibers. Thank you very much.

Shea Pettaway: Yes and that’s LifeProof carpet.

Jodi Marks: Yes, it is.

Comments

7 Comments on “LifeProof Stain Resistant Carpet”

• Jack Says:
    October 8th, 2017 at 11:22 am

i need to know if dog urine really leaves no odor after being vacuumed with a wet dry vacuum on life proofcarpet

• Brian Says:
    August 25th, 2017 at 1:29 pm

Would have been nice to see the carpet sample cleaned with the methods available to us as homeowners. I can’t dip a carpet underwater: most of us use a sponge or papertowel at first sight of a spill, then come back with a spray bottle or wet vac if possible. Showing you putting the whole carpet square in a water bowl does nothing to help us.

• carol johnson Says:
    August 5th, 2017 at 7:35 pm

• P Joshi Says:
    August 5th, 2017 at 1:53 pm

Our Shark upright vacuum cleaner does not work on the Lifeproof Opulent II carpeting which we just had installed. What kind of vacuum cleaner should we buy? Thanks for your help.

• Brenda Emanuel Says:
    July 19th, 2017 at 1:49 pm

Does this carpet show footprints.

• Janice Costa Says:
    May 19th, 2017 at 8:38 am

I have had LIfeProof carpet for about a year and it was great until my dog had a big accident in the middle of the living room. I cleaned it right away but there are still visable stains. What is the best thing to use to remove the stains? I purposely spent the extra money on this carpeting to avoid this problem. Hoping you have a solution for me.

• Marge Falendysz Says:
    March 4th, 2017 at 4:45 pm

I put in LifeProof carpet in July 2016. It is beautiful. Do I need to do anything to maintain it? Do I ever need to wash it? Even with just water. It is in the highest traffic area I have – my family room. I know exactly where the other carpet always got dirty andi wasn’t sure if just vacuuming was enough. Please let me know your thoughts

LifeProof Stain Resistant Carpet