Best New Products

LifeProof Stain Resistant Carpet

By: Jodi Marks
Woman standing in from of LifeProof stain resistant carpet display.

Jodi Marks explaining the advantages of LifeProof stain resistant carpet.

LifeProof carpeting has advanced stain resistance built into the fibers, so it never wears off. It provides protection against stains from food, drinks, and pets.

LifeProof carpet is also soft, very durable, and environmentally friendly. It comes with a limited lifetime stain and soil warranty, and a 25-year abrasive wear and texture retention warranty.

LifeProof carpet is available at The Home Depot. Watch this video to find out more.

Video Transcript

Jodi Marks: Well, I think I can speak with a little bit of conviction that shopping for carpet can be very overwhelming, because I just had to do it.

You know there’s a lot of styles, colors, a lot of choices out there. Whether you have pets or children, you might have to be concerned about stains. So, Shea, you’ve got a carpet here that kind of takes care of all of those issues, quite frankly.

Shea Pettaway: Yes, it’s a LifeProof carpet that ensures durability and stain resisting. They engineered the fiber, so that way there’s no stains that’s going to penetrate into the carpet.

Jodi Marks: Wow, what do they do, they just stay on top?

Shea Pettaway: It just repels on top.

Jodi Marks: Wow, that’s fantastic. Because, you know, typically a standard carpet will just have a topical application. Where this one, the stain resistance is integrated into the fiber. So let’s see it in action.

Shea Pettaway: Yes, this, Jodi, is a perfect carpet for the family. Very active, if you have pets.

Jodi Marks: Ooh, look how it just beads. OK, so?

Shea Pettaway: So two weeks later, once you find the stain, then you just wash it out.

Jodi Marks: Wow! Hey, look at that, it just resisted. Look, that’s just come in so clean, and that’s just water! This technology doesn’t wear away or wash away because it’s permanently integrated all the way into those fibers. Thank you very much.

Shea Pettaway: Yes and that’s LifeProof carpet.

Jodi Marks: Yes, it is.

Comments

25 Comments on “LifeProof Stain Resistant Carpet”

Thomas Boni Says:
    July 2nd, 2019 at 12:44 pm

Hi, Don,
    This Simple Solution has always worked for us: https://www.todayshomeowner.com/video/how-to-spot-clean-carpet-in-your-home/
    Let us know how it goes!

• Don Ross Says:
    June 28th, 2019 at 2:27 pm

Our dog got mud on his feet and tracked it onto our new LifeProof carpet. Can you please advise a recommended product or method to clean the spots of dirt from the carpet?

• joanne Says:
    June 6th, 2019 at 11:55 am

I am highly dissatisfied with this LifeProof carpet. I don’t like the fact them when walked on you no longer see the pattern. I have spoke to Mohawk and home depot about this. The price I payed for this carpet and there is no satisfaction guarantee. I would prefer to replace. However, they will not offer. Of all the carpets mine does not apply.
    Such a disappoint each time I look at very discouraging. I wanted to enjoy the new carpet instead I hate it! I took two months to choose… Perhaps associate should of had more knowledge as to what I wanted.

Thomas Boni Says:
    March 7th, 2019 at 1:08 pm

Hi, Shelley,
    We recommend contacting the manufacturer (in this case, LifeProof) for product-specific questions.
    They will know the best solution for this particular carpet.
    Good luck!

• Shelley Bessinger Says:
    March 2nd, 2019 at 8:32 am

Had Lifeproof- Petproof carpet installed in May of 2018, The dog urinated on it, how do I clean it? I blotted it with a paper towel then blotted it with a white cloth and warm water. It still looks stained what can I do now?

• Jenny G Says:
    February 6th, 2019 at 8:37 am

I have the Shaw, lifeproof waterproof carpet on my stairs, hall and master bedroom. A vacuum with adjustable height settings is probably going to be needed. I have two vacuums that are certified by the Carpet and Rug institute (important certification btw). One is a Sanitaire S675A. It does a nice job with the height set at 4 or 5 (with a new bag). I also have a second-hand Kirby Avalir that is super easy to use on this carpet- cleans great and requires almost no effort to push.

Thomas Boni Says:
    January 14th, 2019 at 10:49 am

Hi, Estella!
    Glad to hear the TodaysHomeowner.com community could help you make an informed decision before you purchase carpet for your living room!
    Regarding your comment: We can’t answer all the questions we receive, due to the high volume, but we sure do our best.
    Selected questions receive a moderator’s answer, as the comments form states.
    Thanks for visiting todayshomeowner.com!

• estella tompkins Says:
    January 13th, 2019 at 4:18 pm

I was looking into putting this carpet in my living room. after reading the comments above I am reconsidering. I have two doggies and this car;et will be a big expense, sacrifice, for us ( we are retired). I notice comments about how to remove urine smells and what vaccums clean this carpet are not being answered. Why? It would be nice to know the anwers. Thank you for your time. Stella

Thomas Boni Says:
    October 29th, 2018 at 1:03 pm

Hi, Mary Ann,
    We recommend contacting the manufacturer for any product-specific questions.
    Here’s where you can do that: https://www.scotchgard.com/3M/en_US/scotchgard/contact-us/
    Good luck!

• Mary Ann Bachowski-Huffman Says:
    October 27th, 2018 at 10:42 am

Should you apply scotch guard on carpetting when hiring a carpet cleaners?

Thomas Boni Says:
    August 22nd, 2018 at 12:19 pm

Hi, Janet!
    Stain-resistant carpet, of course, does not mean the carpet is stain proof. (Anything can stain. :D) When applying any carpet cleaner, it’s best to try the cleaner on an inconspicuous area; see how the carpet reacts to the cleaner; and then decide whether to proceed.
    Good luck!

• Janet Lemon Says:
    August 22nd, 2018 at 10:10 am

can you use carpet cleaner on your stain resistant carpet ? I have a can of Woolite spray on vacuum off will that hurt to use it on the stain resistant carpet?

Thomas Boni Says:
    May 23rd, 2018 at 10:32 am

Hi, Nancy,
    We recommend contacting the manufacturer for product-specific questions.
    Here’s where you can do that: Homedepot.com Customer Care: 1-800-430-3376
    Good luck!

• Nancy Voges Says:
    May 19th, 2018 at 11:06 am

How do you vacuum this carpet? Our Hoover does not work on this carpet and our new Dyson does not work on it. Please advise.

• Wendy Hobbie Says:
    February 22nd, 2018 at 8:34 pm

We purchased this carpet and installation on 9/27/17. 2/21/18 still dealing with HomeDepo to fix the horrible seams and edges. Have filed a dispute and have had 4 installers to our home to see how bad it still looks. They all say it is just the carpet. Seams can’t be fixed. Can’t run a vacuum without brute strength. An independent floor expert is coming to our house tomorrow to take more photos and send report to Lifeproof This carpet needs to be laid properly with no seams and they should advise consumers of how difficult it is to vacuum.

• loretta roberts Says:
    November 27th, 2017 at 2:05 pm

Please help—I cannot find a vacuum cleaner that works on my new Lifeproof Opulent II carpet!!! I love the carpet, but need a new vacuum. Most reviews on vacuums end up saying not good for thick plush carpet. I cannot move my hoover over the carpet at all!!!

• Nick Says:
    November 12th, 2017 at 8:03 pm

What do you clean dog urine with on life proof carpet. What will ensure that it won’t smell?

• Bonnie Says:
    October 25th, 2017 at 10:43 am

I noticed in video that when she picked up carpet to wash it in water that the red liquid was on the paper towel underneath. So if something gets spilled it may be able to look good on top but will remain underneath? Also, wouldn’t the red left underneath eventually leach back into carpet above it, especially the light color like she was using?

• Jack Says:
    October 8th, 2017 at 11:22 am

i need to know if dog urine really leaves no odor after being vacuumed with a wet dry vacuum on life proofcarpet

• Brian Says:
    August 25th, 2017 at 1:29 pm

Would have been nice to see the carpet sample cleaned with the methods available to us as homeowners. I can’t dip a carpet underwater: most of us use a sponge or papertowel at first sight of a spill, then come back with a spray bottle or wet vac if possible. Showing you putting the whole carpet square in a water bowl does nothing to help us.

• carol johnson Says:
    August 5th, 2017 at 7:35 pm

• P Joshi Says:
    August 5th, 2017 at 1:53 pm

Our Shark upright vacuum cleaner does not work on the Lifeproof Opulent II carpeting which we just had installed. What kind of vacuum cleaner should we buy? Thanks for your help.

• Brenda Emanuel Says:
    July 19th, 2017 at 1:49 pm

Does this carpet show footprints.

• Janice Costa Says:
    May 19th, 2017 at 8:38 am

I have had LIfeProof carpet for about a year and it was great until my dog had a big accident in the middle of the living room. I cleaned it right away but there are still visable stains. What is the best thing to use to remove the stains? I purposely spent the extra money on this carpeting to avoid this problem. Hoping you have a solution for me.

• Marge Falendysz Says:
    March 4th, 2017 at 4:45 pm

I put in LifeProof carpet in July 2016. It is beautiful. Do I need to do anything to maintain it? Do I ever need to wash it? Even with just water. It is in the highest traffic area I have – my family room. I know exactly where the other carpet always got dirty andi wasn’t sure if just vacuuming was enough. Please let me know your thoughts

characters available