How to Build a Simple Folding Workbench
By: Joe Truini
If your space is limited for a permanent workbench, you can make a simple workbench that folds up for easy storage from plywood and two folding sawhorses. Here’s how to go about it:
- Cut a sheet of 3/4” plywood to the size desired (we made ours 3’x 5’).
- Screw two folding metal sawhorses to the bottom to act as legs for the workbench.
- To store the workbench, simply flip it over, remove the folding legs, and secure the legs inside the sawhorses with hook and loop straps.
Watch this video to see how it’s done.
- Workbench Options for Your Shop (video)
- Build a Portable Workbench from a Hollow Core Door (video)
- How to Build a Built-In Garage Workbench (video/article/plans)
Videos You May Like
|Building a Workbench||Tip for Making a Portable Workbench||Enter the “Win Woodcraft’s...||Husky Portable Workbench|