Removing Lead Paint and Plaster from the Kuppersmith Project House
By: Danny Lipford
Before I can remodel the Kuppersmith Project house, we need to gut the house to remove all the old woodwork and plaster. This will allow us to install insulation, wiring, and plumbing in the walls, as well as change the wall framing as needed.
Since some of the old paint contained lead, precautions had to be taken to protect the workers health and dispose of the debris. This included:
- Wearing protective clothing.
- Wearing a respirator designed to filter out any lead dust.
- Wrapping debris in plastic before disposal to contain any lead.
- Disposing of the lead contaminated debris properly.
Watch this video to find out more.
- Taking Down Walls (article)
- The Dangers of Lead Paint in Your Home (article)
- How to Test for Lead Paint in Your Home (video)
- Lead Exposure and Safety Tips (video)
Videos You May Like
|Getting Started on the Kuppersmith Hou...||Looking Behind the Walls of the Kupper...||Great Paint Job Raises the Bar at the ...||Kuppersmith Kitchen to Get a New Look|