Simple Solutions

Tip for Cleaning Shower Walls and Doors

By: Joe Truini

883-ss-cleanin-shower-walls

Whether they are made of porcelain, acrylic, ceramic tile or glass, shower walls and doors are notoriously difficult to keep clean. Fill a soap-dispensing dish scrubber with half grease-cutting dish detergent and half white vinegar. Scrub the surface, then wipe with a cloth or paper towel.

Comments

6 Comments on “Tip for Cleaning Shower Walls and Doors”

• Kathy Says:
    October 17th, 2016 at 10:09 am

My local station (abc affiliate–Providence) now has today’s homeowner on at 5:30 a.m. : ( on Saturday. Not fair! Previously it was 7. Anything you can do on your end?

• Rusty Says:
    October 4th, 2016 at 8:42 am

Don’t use steel wool but a scrubber like the one in the pic HASNT been at all harmful in my acrilic lined shower, and as to the floor , it looks like small tile but it’s not. It was looking TERRIBLE I gave it the once over as described and WAHLA!!! My wife thinks I’m a genius, lucky guy

• Sammi Says:
    October 2nd, 2016 at 8:33 am

Test first and make sure that the soap wand has a non-abrasive pad. They come in a couple different types. The ‘green’ kind will certainly scratch the plastic. Also, I’d mix the solution before pouring it into the wand. It looked like the vinegar just ran out.

• Papa Says:
    October 1st, 2016 at 10:28 pm

Abrasive pad on acrylic wall? Wouldn’t it scratch?

Lindsay Hughes Says:
    October 7th, 2016 at 9:44 am

We love to hear that, John. Thanks for watching!

• John Charles Says:
    October 1st, 2016 at 3:27 pm

Keep on truck’in. Best show on Saturday. You give me the ideas, on Saturday I got the day off & I get busy. thanks to you I got the House Winterized already from today’s show (Michigan) jwc2

Tip for Cleaning Shower Walls and Doors