Around the Yard
Tips for Planting in Pots and Containers
By: Danny Lipford
When planting in pots or other containers:
- Place screen wire over the drainage holes in the bottom of the pot or container to prevent loss of soil.
- Use a prepared potting soil, rather than dirt from your yard, to ensure the soil is free from disease and insect pests.
- Plant your plants at the same depth they were originally planted at.
- Apply a time release fertilizer on top of the soil to keep plants healthy all season long. Watch this video to find out more.
- How to Repot Houseplants (article)
- Flower Containers for Beginners (article)
- Patio Table Planter (video)
- How to Build a Patio Planter (video/article)
Videos You May Like
|DIY Bucket Container Garden||Garden Myth: Gravel in Pots and Contai...||Winter Flower Container Care||Planting Container Plants|