Tools for Installing Carpet and Removing Vinyl Flooring
By: Danny Lipford
There are several unique tools which are used for laying carpet:
- Power Stretcher: Extendable handle pushes against an opposing wall to pull carpet tight.
- Knee Kicker Stretcher: Uses knee action to stretch carpet in small spaces.
- Heat Bond Iron: Seams in carpet are jointed together using a special iron and heat-activated tape.
Floor scraper Spyder Scraper Power scraper
Tools used to remove vinyl flooring and adhesive from a subfloor include:
- Floor Scraper: Consists of a 6”- 14” wide blade mounted on a handle, requires lots of elbow grease.
- Reciprocating Saw Attachment: The Spyder Scraper from Simple Man Products is a 3” wide blade that attaches to a reciprocating saw to turn it into a high-speed scraper.
- Power Floor Scraper: Motorized, walk behind machine makes fast work of scraping floors.
Since most homeowners won’t use these tools on a regular basis, consider renting them from a tool rental center, rather than buying them.
Videos You May Like
|How to Remove Wrinkles and Puckers fro...||Power Tools for Flooring Projects||Tip for Storing Hand Tools in a Drawer||Carpet and Laminate Flooring for Your ...|