Around the Yard
Types of Rakes for Your Lawn or Garden
By: Danny Lipford
There are several types of rakes available for your lawn or garden, and each one is used for a different purpose. Some of the most common types of rakes include:
- Leaf Rake: These rakes can be made from either flexible metal or plastic tines with a metal or wooden handle for raking leaves or pine straw. They come in various widths, including extra wide ones for use on pine straw.
- Bow Rake: These rakes have short, rigid metal tines and are used to smooth out soil in a garden or level ground on a construction site.
- Shrub Rake: This narrow rake is perfect for distributing mulch around shrubs or in a garden where the space between plants is limited.
Watch this video to find out more.
- Easy Way to Bag Leaves in Your Yard (video)
- Tip for Bagging Leaves in Your Yard (video)
- How to Recycle Leaves in Your Yard (article)
Videos You May Like
|Easy Leaf Gathering Tip||DIY Lawn and Garden Tips||Spring Contest Winner||Garage Storage Solutions|