Around the Yard
Lawn Weed Control
By: Danny Lipford
Controlling weeds is high on every homeowner’s to-do list, and it may be easier than you think. Practicing proper mowing, watering, and fertilizing will actually prevent a lot of weed problems because healthy lawns leave little room for weeds.
Here are a couple of tips when dealing with weeds in your yard:
- Grassy weeds (such as crabgrass) are controlled with pre-emergent herbicides applied in early spring like a blooming forsythia bush.
- Broadleaf weeds (like dandelions) are controlled with a contact herbicide (either granular or liquid) in early spring, but for the best result, use it in fall after they have germinated but are still small.
- How to Have a Weed Free Lawn (article)
- Lawn Weed Control (video)
- How to Control Crabgrass (article)
- How to Control Dollarweed (Pennywort) (article)
- How to Control Dandelions (article)
- Vinegar Weed Killer (video)
- How to Target Weeds (video)
Videos You May Like
|Tips for Controlling Weeds||DuraZone Weed & Grass Killer||How to Target Weeds in Your Yard||How to Control Crabgrass|