Wooden Fence Building Tips
By: Guest Post
Building a wooden fence can add character and privacy to your backyard. Here are some tips to keep in mind when building a wood fence.
Wood fence building tips:
- Align Posts: Set wood posts in holes at consistent intervals using a tight string for alignment.
- Plumb Posts: Use a level to make sure each post is plumb in all directions before setting in concrete.
- Level Stringers: Make sure the stringers that connect the posts are level.
- Plumb Pickets: Use a level to plumb each picket before attaching with rust resistant nails or screws.
This tip brought to you by:
- How to Build a Wood Privacy Fence in Your Yard (video)
- Fencing Options for Your Yard (video)
- Fences: Surrounding Your Surroundings (article)
Building a wood fence is a great way to add character and privacy to your backyard, if you pay attention to details.
Set the posts at consistent intervals along a string, pulled tightly from one corner to the next. Then use a level to ensure that each post is perfectly plumb before securing it with concrete.
The two-by-four stringers should also be level as they run from post to post. Finally be sure that each picket, or fence board, is plumb as you nail it in place.
This tip brought to you by YellaWood pressure treated pine. If it doesn’t have this yellow tag, you don’t want it.
Videos You May Like
|Building a Fence on a Slope||How to Install Wooden Fence Panels||Using Pressure Treated Wood||How to Build a Privacy Fence|